Sunday, June 6, 2010

Newscast

This video is a live newscast that was taped for my last television class. I took over the role of producer, knowing that it would be a challenge and a great amount of work.

As producer, I was in charge of how the newscast would play out, what package report would go where, what story would become a de-brief and what kind of "live-hit" we would do. I also monitored the graphics and made sure everyone was assigned proper roles.

I spent three days stressing over it, but I am so pleased and proud with how it came together. Much thanks goes to my executive producer, Brian Gabrial, and to my amazing news team: Samantha Rideout, Ami Kingdon, Rose Sneyd, Peter Braul, Laura Glowacki, Vanmala Subramanium, Liz Faure, Antoine Dion Ortega and Morgan Dunlop.

P.S. Sorry about the "blank" green screen between 5:21 and 5:36. This was due to a dropped frame in the graphics program we used.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment